Monday, August 31, 2015

Ok the first week came to an end yesterday and it is official all of us here (Gabriel, Diego, Mannah, and I) agree that the tourist effect has worn off and we now have the realization that we are here for a year! school starts Wednesday and we all will make some more friends and life will be better, but it still an odd feeling knowing this is where I am for a year. The people are extremely kind and try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Unless you try to block them from getting the puck or hit them. That is really frowned upon over here in hockey, oh well not too many friends on the opposing team now! On Saturday I met with Mannah and her host brother Stephan (I think), we went to what was called Hip-Hop party.... ya no it was Slovak rap, and more like a club than party, but it was fun and different, and I have no words for how the people dress here, First off are you 32 or 22 I cant tell, Secondly everyone dressed like they're 20 no matter how old they actually are. Things are a little different but I am having fun and to leave you with a quote. here is a good one for anybody no matter what you are going through.

“Any game becomes important when you know and love the players.”
― W.P. Kinsella

2 comments:

  1. Where di you find the quote? That is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom think about the book I took over here. Shoeless joe of course. Love You.

    ReplyDelete