Friday, November 27, 2015

So thanksgiving, first one that I was not at in my life happened yesterday. I would say I'm thankful for many things, but some are more apparent now than others. Firstly though I promised my mom that I would do some things I'm thankful for here in Slovakia, fair enough I am here and not there. #1 I'm thankful for my first host family, I may not always get along with the host mom but I couldn't ask for a better host brother and host dad, and I'm coming to realize that my host mom is like every other Slovak mom so she is not bad either. #2 having a few great friends from around the world, Taiwan, Slovakia , Brazil, just to name a few they are why I am here, I have some of the most amazing friends ever. #3 I am extremely happy for the opportunity to be here, it wasn't easy nor fun to get to where I am at now but I am glad that I am here. Now for the things that are most important to me and what I am truly thankful for. MIA FAMIGLIA, I've always been thankful for them but I never knew how much I truly loved and cared for them until I went on exchange. Even my non blood family means the world to me and I now realize that I don't make friends, I make a family. What you would call my friends, I would call brothers, they are what I have and what I care about. Now mom don't get upset here but I am going to mention dad and acknowledged him, sorry. I am extremely thankful for my parents, especially my dad because now I see how he has shaped and molded me with the advice he gives unbiased and showing both sides, yet still allowing me to make the deduction for my self and grow from that, right or wrong, he lets me choose for myself and has faith that I will do the right thing. Thank you Dad.  Mom I can't forget you though, I love you a bunch, so all I have to say to you is, MORE! So that's what I am thankful for and can't wait to get back for next years thanksgiving!

"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life."

Richard Bach


1 comment: