Monday, October 26, 2015

Alright so I am going to unlock the depths of my mind here and allow the general public in for a secret and elusive viewing of what goes on in there. Today at my Rotary meeting something occurred to me. First off, Thanks Mom and Dad this ones about you. Rotary meetings here are absolutely boring, we don't understand anything and are almost never talked to, so we just sit there for two hours every Monday. Today as I sat there bored as hell I noticed something, One exchange student missing, and the other two buried in their phones. Now I may not know what's going on or what's being said, but I do understand one thing. Some one talks you pay attention even if you don't care what they are saying, if you disagree with what they are saying, or you don't even understand the language. You give them respect. It occurred to me that my parents raised me right and I am so thankful words cant even express. I pay attention, I open doors for people, I give them the front seat in a car even if I was already there, I get out and move to the back, it is respect, you respect your elders no matter what and you are polite, no questions asked. in a foreign country a few things will get you very far, being polite and showing some respect. What shocked me more was that even the Rotarians themselves were on their phones for most of the meeting, not paying attention to what was being said. I was one of four people in a room of over 15 that did not have their phone out, even the president checked his phone a few times! It was just the way I was brought up, just like how you stop for a funeral. Its respect, give respect and you will receive it as well. So Mom, Dad, Thank you, And I love ya'll. I'm not going to end there, I'm going to end on this quote.
“Parents rarely let go of their children, so children let go of them.
They move on. They move away.
The moments that used to define them are covered by
moments of their own accomplishments.

It is not until much later, that
children understand;
their stories and all their accomplishments, sit atop the stories
of their mothers and fathers, stones upon stones,
beneath the water of their lives.”
Paulo Coelho
LOVE  
Aaron
            

2 comments:

  1. Geez Aaron...just when I was on the verge of convincing myself not to check your blog every single day you go and get deep on us. Seriously, though, two other comments...

    First, did you happen to realize (probably not) that you posted that on your parent's 24th wedding anniversary? Thanks for that gift.

    Secondly and more importantly, know that just like the gemstones that prospectors hunt for you are rare, bright, and beautiful...our stone upon stone.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! To both the post and the comment above. Not only was the post good and surprising, but the comment added a plot twist.
    This is like a telenovela!

    Greg

    ReplyDelete