Friday, October 30, 2015

Reflecting on the Week

There are days in life when you know you made the wrong decision or maybe the right decision. How we as individuals deal with that though is what defines us. Some live in the past and reminisce about what they would do differently or what they messed up and would want to change. Some live only in the good part of the past and forget the bad, those who don't learn from their mistakes are bound to repeat their mistakes. Yet on the contrary those who live only in their regrets never move on and are stuck in an infinite loop of what ifs and what could have been. Neither of these options are a suitable life for a person. You must live in the present and future, make things happen for your self, if you mess up ok get back up dust off and move on, I'm not saying completely forget your mess up therefore you will have to repeat it, but do not wallow in the sorrow of messing up, take the lesson that you learned the hard way and RUN. Those who learn and grow through trial and error are bound for greatness in their own lives, maybe not the worlds definition of greatness, but their own definition of greatness and happiness. If you don't let regret and fear lead you, as Han once said "Life is simple, you make choices and don't look back." I know I'm not perfect, I'm no where near perfect but I try to live my life close to this saying I make a choice, I live with it, for better or for worse, I live with the decision I made. I realized today that I missed a pitch perfect opportunity, but I made a choice and I'm living with it and just have to hope that opportunity presents its self at a later time. "Life's simple make choices and don't look back".

No comments:

Post a Comment